Sam Ge, 葛树志
Dr Ge is currently the
Director of Social Robotics Lab, Institute of Interactive Digital Media
(IDMI), National University of Singapore (NUS). He is leading a strong
research team working on autonomous robotics (sensor fusion, path
planning, decision making), intelligence control, intelligent
interactive media fusion, and education software development. For more
information, please visit Social Robot Lab (SRL).
|Projects | Publication | Patents |
- Prospective Students:
Students interested in robotics, digital media, artificial
intelligence, intelligent control are encouraged to apply for
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) If you are good at software,
imaginative, creative, and fun loving, then you are
more than welcome.
- Job Opportunities:
Outstanding young and energetic researchers in areas robotics, digital
media, artificial intelligence, intelligent control, or
related are invited to apply for Research Fellow (with Ph.D
degree) or Research Engineering positions.
Research Scholarship | Faculty
of Engineering Program |
Thoughts of Life
- The mediocre teacher tells, the good teacher
explains, the superior teacher demonstrates, the great teacher
inspires. --William Arthur Ward.
- A teacher affects eternity; no one can tell
where his influence ends. --Henry Adams.
- I would like to be a Small and Humble Sailor
in the sea, rather than a Big and Proud King on a small and isolated
- Q: How to do Research?
- A: Kind of Like Apprenticeship or learn how
to swim. You need a supervsior or a master who is willing to guide you,
at the same time, you should learn how to do it by (i) being observant,
(ii) actually doing it, and (iii) correcting the errors
- Shuzhi Sam Ge, 葛树志
- Professor, IEEE Fellow, IFAC Fellow, IET Fellow, IES Fellow, PhD, DIC, BSc, PEng
- Director, Social Robotics Lab, Interactive Digital Media Institute
- Supervisor, Robotics Research Lab, Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering
- National University of Singapore
- Singapore 117576
- Tel: (+65) 6516 6821, Fax: (+65) 6779 1103
- Email:, Office: